What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Connections-oriented and connectionless protocols
• Ports and sockets
The Transport layer provides an interface for network applications and offers optional error checking, flow control, and verification for network transmissions. This hour describes some important Transport layer concepts and introduces the TCP and UDP protocols.
At the completion of this hour, you will be able to
• Describe the basic duties of the Transport layer
• Explain the difference between a connection-oriented protocol and a connectionless protocol
• Explain how Transport layer protocols provide an interface to network applications through ports and sockets
• Describe the differences between TCP ...