What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• The new Web
• Peer-to-peer networking
• IRC and IM
• The semantic Web
New ideas abound on the Web, leading to a variety of new forms and formats, but what looks new from the outside might just be the artful coordination of existing tools and services. This hour describes the view from the new Web.
At the completion of this hour, you’ll be able to
• Discuss blogs, wikis, and social networking sites
• Explain the purpose of XHTML
• Understand how a peer-to-peer network works
• Describe IRC and IM messaging
• Explain the purpose of the semantic Web
The World Wide Web has recently taken on a new look, with a new generation of smarter, more interactive websites serving ...