Hour 22. Building Android Applications with Twitter
What You’ll Learn in This Hour:
• Creating the Android OAuth application
• Adding Java library
• Creating a layout in main.xml
• Adding Intent Filters and Permission
• Using the Java OAuth library
• Posting a tweet from an Android application
• Using xAuth in an Android application
Using Twitter OAuth in Android
At the launch of the Twitter API platform, Twitter introduced Basic Authentication. Twitter allows developers to capture and save the username and password in the native app and use them to make all API calls directly. In August 2010, Twitter banned the use of Basic Auth due to security concerns. Twitter now supports both OAuth and xAuth.
Twitter accepts the use of OAuth and xAuth ...