At the convenience store, Henry and Lucinda walked up to the counter with their coffee and pastries and were not greeted by the clerk; instead, she gestured them toward a large, flat screen monitor. There was a message on the screen, “Click to Begin.” Lucinda felt around the screen for a cord or computer pencil but could not find one.
- She said to Henry, “I can't find the stylus.”
- Before Henry could respond, the clerk came to their machine, simultaneously glancing at the growing line and Lucinda.
- The clerk said, “Please, click to begin!”
- Lucinda responded, “Yes, but there is no stylus.”
- The clerk replied, “Ma'am, it's a touch screen; just tap it with your finger.” ...