O'Reilly logo

The Myths of Innovation by Scott Berkun

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

Colophon

The cover image is from Getty Images. The cover fonts are BentonSans and Sabon. The text font is Sabon; the heading font is BentonSans.

Page numbers were hand-carved, based on a Dutch interpretation of a sketch of reproductions of a famous 13th-century Chinese monograph series believed to have been glanced at once by Marco Polo's best friend's sister. Note the glory of the sans-serifed ascenders! They cost extra, you know.

Certain complex interior layout was performed remotely from onboard the International Space Station using—according to the police report—laser beams, an unidentified space gas, and a case of Russian beer.

The ink that makes up these very words was extracted from thousands of adolescent Malaysian juniper beetles, hand-picked for their deep black hues. Blended with tonic water from the Bavarian Alps (northern, not that southern swill), this priceless ink is then stored in the finest French hardwood kegs, which are wrapped in a layer of Egyptian velvet and left to age for centuries while a secret tribe of the world's finest chorally trained children bless them with chants of salvation for all those who read words in colophons written in this ink.

This book, except for ink, fonts, and page numbers, is made from 99% recycled Grade A truffle compost, approved by the International Order of Colophon Authors (IOCA). The remaining 1% was, tragically, only semi-recycled truffle compost that did not meet final level-3 IOCA approval. I am as devastated as you.

I'd like ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required