What type of content does O’Reilly offer?
Our learning platform offers multiple content formats including:
- Books: 60K+ titles from O’Reilly and nearly 200 trusted publishers
- Early release titles: Access to O’Reilly books in progress, so you get an author’s insights before they’re available to the general public
- Audiobooks: Recordings of books for listening
- Videos: 30K+ hours of instructor-led courses and other on-demand recordings
- Live events: Live online courses, conversations with experts, Superstream virtual tech conferences, and more
- Interactive learning: Sandboxes, scenarios, and Jupyter notebooks to learn by doing (learn more)
- Practice exams: Interactive tests offer a smarter way to get ready for your certification exam (learn more)
And you can find the following expert-curated content collections:
- Certification guides: Complete sets of materials you’ll need to help you prepare for the industry’s most sought-after certifications—including official prep materials from the vendors themselves. You’ll find a variety of content formats like self-paced books, instructor-led videos, and interactive practice exams.
- Expert playlists: Collections of top tech and business content handpicked by some of the brightest minds in the industry. Each playlist is their recommended list of books, video clips, and chapters they believe are essential to know about a given topic. You can follow, share, or even make a copy for yourself.
- Learning paths: Course-like structured learning experiences designed by the O’Reilly editorial staff. You can follow along step-by-step or just pick out what you need to know.
- Resource centers: Collections of content curated by O’Reilly editors that break down what you need to know about a given topic from beginner to expert level. You’ll find the books, chapters, videos, and video clips best suited to start your learning, dig a little deeper, or become a pro.
Can I access content while I’m offline?
Yes, the O’Reilly mobile app for iOS (in the Apple App Store) and Android (on Google Play and Amazon) allows you to download content for offline viewing on your phone or tablet. Remember, content can only be downloaded through the mobile app, so you’ll need an internet connection to access content on your laptop or desktop.
Are there any additional costs for live events?
Nope! All live events are included in your membership—everything from live online training courses to Superstream virtual tech conferences.
What happens if I miss a live event?
You’ll receive an email with a recording of the live event you registered for just 24 hours after the event. These recordings can also be found on the Live Events page and your profile page under Your Recordings.
Does O’Reilly have audiobooks?
Yes, audiobooks are available to listen to on desktop and mobile. To find an audiobook in global search, you can filter by Videos > Video Type > Audiobook.
Where can I find the exercise files for a book or video?
Books or videos that refer to working/exercise files will often mention the location of these files in a chapter at the beginning or end of the book, or in an early clip if it’s a video. You can also find these files in a GitHub link at the bottom of the title’s overview page under Resources > Supplemental Content.
If you can’t locate those files, please check the publisher’s website or get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to find them for you.
Mon-Fri, 1am–5pm PT, excluding US holidays
Tel: +44 20 3355 9998
Mon-Fri, 9am–1am GMT, excluding UK bank holidays
Tel: +61 29 191 9777
Mon-Fri, 8am–12am GMT, excluding US and UK holidays
Please provide as much detail as possible, including information about how you are accessing the service (when relevant).