What type of content does O’Reilly offer?
Our learning platform offers multiple content formats including:
- Books: 60K+ titles from O’Reilly and nearly 200 trusted publishers
- Early release titles: Access to O’Reilly books in progress, so you get an author’s insights before they’re available to the general public
- Audiobooks: 1.5K+ recordings of books for listening
- Videos: 30K+ hours of instructor-led courses and other on-demand recordings
- Live events: Live online courses, conversations with experts, Superstream virtual tech conferences, and more
- Interactive learning: Labs, challenges, and sandboxes to learn by doing (learn more)
- Practice exams: Interactive tests offer a smarter way to get ready for your certification exam (learn more)
And you can find the following expert-curated content collections:
- Certification guides: Complete sets of materials you’ll need to help you prepare for the industry’s most sought-after certifications—including official prep materials from the vendors themselves. You’ll find a variety of content formats like self-paced books, instructor-led videos, and interactive practice exams.
- Expert playlists: Collections of top tech and business content handpicked by some of the brightest minds in the industry. Each playlist is their recommended list of books, video clips, and chapters they believe are essential to know about a given topic. You can follow, share, or even make a copy for yourself.
Can I access content while I’m offline?
Yes, the O’Reilly mobile app for iOS (in the Apple App Store) and Android (on Google Play and Amazon) allows you to download content for offline viewing on your phone or tablet. Remember, content can only be downloaded through the mobile app, so you’ll need an internet connection to access content on your laptop or desktop.
Are there any additional costs for live events?
Nope! All live events are included in your membership—everything from live online training courses to Superstream virtual tech conferences.
What happens if I miss a live event?
You’ll receive an email with a recording of the live event you registered for just 24 hours after the event. These recordings can also be found on the Live Events page and your profile page under Your Recordings.
Does O’Reilly have audiobooks?
Yes, audiobooks are available to listen to on desktop and mobile. To find an audiobook in global search, you can click the Audiobooks tab and filter by topic, publication date, and more.
Where can I find the exercise files for a book or video?
Books or videos that refer to working/exercise files will often mention the location of these files in a chapter at the beginning or end of the book, or in an early clip if it’s a video. You can also find these files in a GitHub link at the bottom of the title’s overview page under Resources > Supplemental Content.
If you can’t locate those files, please check the publisher’s website or get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to find them for you.
How do cloud labs work?
The lab takes you through steps to complete a task within a secure sandbox environment, with no additional costs or test instances to clean up. Temporary user credentials are provided at lab start and you log in to the account through an integrated CLI or through the cloud platform UI console.
When you complete or leave the lab, the user account session will end and all resources and associated data will be deleted within one hour of starting the lab.
Are there best practices for using cloud labs?
For the best experience when logging in through the cloud console—especially if you have an existing cloud platform account—we recommend using an incognito or private browsing window and then organizing your windows side by side so you can easily follow the step-by-step instructions.
Do cloud labs have any limitations?
Cloud labs are intended to be used for educational purposes within the scope of the lab instruction. The user account provided through a lab will be configured to allow you access to all services and activities that are required to complete the lab instruction.
While we strive to provide the most comprehensive access necessary with these accounts, there are some limitations, and you will be alerted in the lab if you do not have access.
We monitor for suspicious or abusive behavior, including any misuse of the lab beyond its stated purpose or activities.
Mon-Fri, 1am–5pm PT, excluding US holidays
Tel: +44 20 3355 9998
Mon-Fri, 9am–1am GMT, excluding UK bank holidays
Tel: +61 29 191 9777
Mon-Fri, 8am–12am GMT, excluding US and UK holidays
Please provide as much detail as possible, including information about how you are accessing the service (when relevant).