How do I use the Playlists feature?
The Playlists feature helps you organize lists of content from anywhere in your online learning experience. Playlists replaces the Queue feature. For our Enterprise customers, you can share a playlist with anyone in your organization once you’ve created it.
If you used the Queue feature before, you’ll find all of your queued items in a playlist called “Queue.” You can create a new playlist from anywhere within your O’Reilly experience.
To create or manage a playlist from the Playlists page:
- Select “Playlists” from the left navigation. That will take you to the Playlists page.
- Click the red “Create Playlist” button in the upper right corner
- Add a name and optional description of your playlist
- Once you’ve created a playlist, you can add to it by using the Playlists icon as you’re engaging with content, anywhere across O’Reilly
- From this page, you can also choose to edit the details of an existing playlist, delete a playlist, or reorder and remove titles from your playlists
To create or manage a playlist from anywhere:
- Click on the Playlists icon from any content you’d like to add to an existing playlist, or that you’d like to use to start a new playlist
- Add a name and optional description if you’re creating a new list, or if you’re adding to an existing list, just click on the name of the list and the content will be added automatically
To share a playlist (Enterprise Only):
- Sharing a playlist is easy. Start by selecting the “Share Settings” option from your playlist
- Copy the URL for your playlist and share in the way that works best for you—through email, Slack, of whatever your preferred method of internal communication
- Once you set a playlist to “Shared”, anyone in your organization with the URL can access and follow it. No one outside of your organization will be able to see it.
To follow a playlist (Enterprise Only):
- If you’d like to follow a shared playlist in your organization, click on the “Follow Playlist” button underneath the playlist
- Your followed playlists will show up in your list of playlists
- If you’d like to unfollow a playlist, just click on “Unfollow Playlist” underneath the playlist at any time
You can update your playlists at anytime, from anywhere in your experience. Your playlists will sync automatically with your mobile apps so that you’ll always have the content you want at your fingertips. And don’t forget to keep your app up-to-date to ensure you’re always seeing the latest Playlists experience.