Chapter 3. Your function as a web API
This chapter covers
- Introducing the Amazon API Gateway
- Exposing functions as web APIs
- Customizing the integration between web API and function
- Testing the web API from the web console, a browser, or the command line
- Using the API Gateway context in a function
In the previous chapter you built your first AWS Lambda function, learned how to configure the function, edited the code, and quickly tested the function from the web console. You then used the function via the AWS command-line interface (CLI).
In this chapter you’ll make your function available over HTTP as a web API using the Amazon API Gateway. You’ll learn how to integrate a Lambda function with the API Gateway and test that using the web console, ...