Manufacturing Systems: NC, CNC, DNC, and Robotics
By the end of this chapter, the student will be able:
- To understand the manufacturing systems
- To demonstrate the computer integrated systems
- To describe the numerical control, computer numerical control, and direct numerical control of manufacturing systems
- To describe the automation of production systems
- To understand the basic concepts of robotics
A Manufacturing system consists of all the resources required to transform the material from its raw form to finished form. The resources involved in this transformation process may be Man, materials, money, machine, management, energy, etc. A manufacturing system’s components may be broadly ...