Textures and Lighting
In this chapter we will cover two topics that are fundamental to producing realistic scenes, texture and lighting. Specifically, we will
- discuss what textures are and how to apply them
- show what texture options are available and how to configure these
- use multiple textures in a shader
- present a basic lighting model
- create a directional light shader
By the end of the chapter, we will produce the textured and lit mesh on the right of Figure 3-1.
Figure 3-1 . Left - No texture or lighting; Right - both texture and ...