Never mind what you think you’re saying, what is your body saying?
Over half of our communication is through our bodies, but how many of us know how to decipher this non-verbal language?
Body Language will make sure you get it right every time. In seven simple lessons you’ll become an expert at reading others and controlling your own gestures to get the response you want.
This definitive and indispensable guide to body language will help you:
- Make a good impression and be instantly likeable
- Match what you’re saying to the signals you’re sending so you send out clear, credible messages
- Learn how to read other people’s faces, eyes and tone of voice effectively
- Decipher the language of the limbs, from folded arms to crossed legs
- Figure out quickly when someone is lying
James Borg’s Body Language will give you the magic formula to mastering the power of body language – the ultimate way to achieve success in work and life.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the author
- Publisher’s acknowledgements
- Author’s note
- Introduction: If you could read my mind... the 7 Ls
- 1 Language of the mind and body
- 2 Looking
- 3 Listening
- 4 Limbs
- 5 Lying
- 6 Leakage
- 7 Likeability
- Remember the body language rules!
- Title: Body Language 3rd edn, 3rd Edition
- Release date: October 2013
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9781292004563
You might also like
The Art and Science of Communication: Tools for Effective Communication in the Workplace
The Art and Science of Communication shows you a new way to understand and use communication …
Critical Thinking Skills For Dummies
Turbocharge your reasoning with Critical Thinking Just what are the ingredients of a great argument? What …
Brilliant Communication Skills, revised 1st edition
What does it take to be a successful communicator? Just about every job requires excellent communication …
The Nonverbal Advantage
The workplace is a “blink” world: studies show that we form opinions of one another within …