What exactly is business-appropriate attire?
When is it correct to send a thank you note via email?
When is it considered uncivil to use the cell phone?
You’ll get the answers to these and other questions in this book. A practical business survival guide for executives, managers, sales people, customer service teams—anyone involved in day-to-day business operations—Business Etiquette will help you survive and thrive in today’s competitive business world.
Written in an easy-to-read, question-and-answer format, Ann Marie Sabath makes learning business protocol and etiquette an enjoyable experience. Topics include:
• Greetings and introductions
• Telephone, cell phone, and voice mail
• Business appropriate attire
• Teleconference courtesy
• International etiquette
• E-mail and business correspondence
• Conducting business during a meal
• And much, much more!
“Assists individuals in enhancing their understanding of the ‘perception impact.’”
—William H. Bagley, Regional Director of Human Resources, Deloitte & Touche
“Powerful and thought-provoking.”
—John Daw, Vice President of Field Sales, Marriott Lodging
“Anyone who wants to make a great impression on co-workers or customers can benefit from the tips provided in this book.”
—Sheila Casserly, President, Celebrity Focus
Ann Marie Sabath is president of At Ease Inc., a nationally recognized protocol and etiquette firm. She has trained thousands of individuals at companies such as: Fidelity Investments, Saks Fifth Avenue, Merrill Lynch, Deloitte & Touche, Lucent Technologies and Marriott Corporation. Her business etiquette hotline (email@example.com) has been recognized by USA Today and The Wall Street Journal.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction Why You Need This Book
- Chapter 1 Opening Moves: Making Initial Encounters Work
- Chapter 2 Business Dress 101: Handling Attire Problems in the Workplace
- Chapter 3 Correspondence: Putting It Down in Black and White
- Chapter 4 Sound Advice: Making the Right Phone Impression
- Chapter 5 Cubicle Protocol and Time Management: Functioning Well in the Office
- Chapter 6 Meetings: Getting It All Together
- Chapter 7 VIPs: Dealing With Key Decision-Makers
- Chapter 8 Unfamiliar Settings: Handling Social Situations
- Chapter 9 Off the Beaten Path: Coping With Challenges
- Chapter 10 Common Questions
- Appendix International Etiquette
- About the Author
- Title: Business Etiquette
- Release date: March 2002
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: 9781564146144