Book descriptionConnect and engage across channels with the new customers
Connect is the ultimate marketing guide to becoming more relevant, effective, and successful within the new marketplace. Written by a team of marketing experts serving Fortune 500 brands, this book outlines the massive paradigm shift currently taking place within the industry, and provides the insight and perspective marketers need to stay on board. Readers will find guidance toward reaching a customer base that sees marketers as an unnecessary annoyance, and strategies for engaging those customers at touch points throughout the customer lifecycle. The book's scope encompasses both digital and real-life avenues, discussing the new ways of thinking and the new tools and processes that allow marketers to function in the new era where digital customer experiences are increasingly important.
Marketing is undergoing a revolution to rival the impact of Gutenberg's printing press. Customers are in control, with more choice and more access than ever before, and they refuse to be "sold to" or "managed." Many marketing professionals are flailing for a new strategy while the winners are clearly jumping ahead – Connect takes readers inside the winners' world to learn the approach that's engaging the new consumer.
- Discover the technology and processes that allow marketers to remain relevant
- Craft a personal, relevant, and accessible customer journey that engages the connected customer
- Keep in touch throughout the customer's life cycle, both online and offline
- Link digital goals and metrics to business objectives for a more relevant strategy
Smart marketers have moved to a higher level that achieves business objectives while increasing relevance to the customer. Connect provides readers a roadmap to this new approach, and the tools that make it work.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: The Customer Is in Control
- Chapter 2: The New Marketing Mandate
- Chapter 3: Measuring Customer Experience Maturity
Chapter 4: How Does Your Organization Compare?
- The Time for Change Is Now
- Biggest Barrier to Marketing Maturity
- How Do You Compare to Your Industry?
- How Do We Measure Success?
- How Does Your Top-Level Management Compare for Involvement with Digital Strategy?
- How Do You Compare in Optimizing for Mobile Devices?
- How Do You Compare in Using Segmented Email Campaigns?
- How Do You Compare in Using Testing to Optimize Customer Experience?
- How Do You Compare in Using Personalization to Be More Relevant?
- How Do You Compare in Using Behavioral Targeting to Adapt to Visitor Browsing?
- How Do You Compare to Organizations Using Marketing Automation?
- How Do You Compare to Those Having a Single View of the Customer across Online and Offline Touch Points?
- How Do You Compare in Using Predictive Analytics to Steer Content Targeting for Specific Customers?
- Mapping People, Process, and Technology to the Customer Experience Maturity Model
- Where Are Organizations Investing?
- What Must You Do?
- Chapter 5: Making It Happen!
- Chapter 6: Stage 1—Initiate, and Stage 2—Radiate
Chapter 7: Stage 3—Align
- The Align Stage
- Case Story: FK Distribution
- Benefits of Aligning
- What You Need to Do to Align
- What You Need to Do to Measure Impact and Alignment
- What You Need to Do with Experience Analytics
- Additional Ways to Increase Alignment
- Breaking Barriers
- Moving to a Higher Level of Marketing
- Knowing You Have Arrived
- Chapter 8: Stage 4—Optimize
- Chapter 9: Stage 5—Nurture
- Chapter 10: Stage 6—Engage
- Chapter 11: Stage 7—Lifetime Customers
- Chapter 12: Growing Your Organization and Roles
- Chapter 13: Selling to the Board
- About the Authors
- Connect Websites
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Connect
- Release date: September 2014
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118963616
You might also like
Business Process Change, 4th Edition
Business Process Change: A Business Process Management Guide for Managers and Process Professionals, Fourth Edition, provides …
Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, 3rd Edition
Boost profits, margins, and customer loyalty with more effective CRM strategy Managing Customer Experience and Relationships, …
The Customer Experience Book
Customer Experience (CE) is becoming seen as a key component of business strategy, yet knowing the …
The Art of Leadership
Many people think leadership is a higher calling that resides exclusively with a select few who …