20. How to Conduct a Content Audit
You can’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you are. You may think you know where you are, but without a thorough website content audit, it’s likely you don’t.
Why perform a content audit, which admittedly is a painstaking and exacting exercise? Lots of reasons.
• It helps determine if digital content is relevant, both to customer needs and to the goals of the organization.
• It’s a gauge for content accuracy and consistency.
• It points to the voice of the organization.
• It verifies your optimization for search.
• It determines whether technical frameworks, such as the content management system (CMS), are up to the task of handling your content.
• It assesses needs for teams, workflow, and management, ...