Many people train in graphic design and typography, but writing copy is often assumed to be a natural talent. However, there are simple techniques you can employ to craft strong written content with ease.
Using a series of exercises and illustrated examples of award-winning campaigns and communication, Copywriting takes you through step-by-step processes that can help you to write content quickly and effectively.
With insightful interviews from leading copywriters, as well as illustrated case studies of major brands that explore the challenges involved in creating cutting-edge copy, this book will provide you with all the tools you need to become a confident and versatile creative copywriter.
With chapters devoted to each specific medium, the book teaches the art of writing great copy for advertising and direct marketing, retailing, catalogues, company magazines, websites, branding and more.
Table of Contents
- Half Title
- Title Page
- Introduction Copywriters learning from bakers and swimmers
- 1 Getting to grips with copywriting
- 2 The art of writing great copy
- 3 Writing for advertising and direct marketing
- 4 Writing for retailing and products
- 5 Writing for catalogs
- 6 Writing for company magazines and newsletters
- 7 Writing for websites and digital formats
- 8 Writing for brand, marketing, and internal communications
- Further reading
- Picture credits
- Title: Copywriting
- Release date: March 2009
- Publisher(s): Laurence King
- ISBN: 9781856695688