Book descriptionTime management remains a huge challenge for most people. This book shares the habits and processes used by top leaders worldwide to minimize distractions and maximize accomplishments.
In researching more than 1,260 managers and executives from more than 108 different organizations, Steve and Rob Shallenberger discovered that 68 percent of them feel like their number one challenge is time management, yet 80 percent don't have a clear process for how to prioritize their time.
Drawing on their forty years of leadership research, this book offers three powerful habits that the top 10 percent of leaders use to Do What Matters Most. These three high performance habits are developing a written personal vision, identifying and setting Roles and Goals, and consistently doing Pre-week Planning. And Steve and Rob make an audacious promise: these three habits can increase anyone's productivity by at least 30 to 50 percent. For organizations, this means higher profits, happier employees, and increased innovation. For individuals, it means you'll find hours in your week that you didn't know were there—imagine what you could do!
You will learn how acquiring this skillset turned an “average” employee into her company's top producer, enabled a senior vice president to reignite his team and achieve record results, transformed a stressed-out manager's work and home life, helped a CEO who felt like he'd lost his edge regain his fire and passion, and much more. By implementing these simple and easy-to-understand habits, supported by tools like the Personal Productivity Assessment, you will learn how to lead a life by design, not by default. You'll feel the power that comes with a sense of control, direction, and purpose.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction. How to Increase Productivity by 30 to 50 Percent
- Chapter 1. The Do What Matters Most Mindset and Skillset
- Chapter 2. Why Doing What Matters Most Matters
- Chapter 3. The Power of a Personal Vision
- Chapter 4. How to Develop a Personal Vision
- Chapter 5. The Power of Roles and Goals
- Chapter 6. How to Develop Roles and Goals
- Chapter 7. The Power of Pre-week Planning
- Chapter 8. How to Do Pre-week Planning
- Chapter 9. Time and Habits—Make Each Day Count!
- Conclusion. What Now?
- Do What Matters Most Discussion Guide
- About the Authors
- About Becoming Your Best Global Leadership
- Title: Do What Matters Most
- Release date: May 2021
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523092598
You might also like
How to Do Nothing
A galvanizing critique of the forces vying for our attention-and our personal information-that redefines what we …
Fall in Love with the Problem, Not the Solution
Unicorns-companies that reach a valuation of more than $1 billion-are rare. Uri Levine has built two. …
The Art of Communication
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have The Art of Communication is for …
Speak with Confidence
In Speak with Confidence: Overcome Self-Doubt, Communicate Clearly, and Inspire Your Audience, keynote speaker, author, and …