Box, Hunter and Hunter  provide one of the clearest and most practical guides to design of experiments. Montgomery  gives a more theoretical treatment in a popular book that is currently in its seventh edition.
1. Fisher, R.A. (1951) The Design of Experiments, 6th edn, Oliver and Boyd, Edinburgh.
2. Box, G.E.P. (1990) Do Interactions Matter? Quality Engineering, 2(3), 365–369.
3. Greenfield, T. (2009) Speech after receiving the George Box Medal. ENBIS 9, European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics, September 20–24, Gothenburg, Sweden.
4. Box, G.E.P., Hunter, J.S., and Hunter, W.G. (2005) Statistics for Experimenters: Design, Innovation, and Discovery, 2nd edn, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken (NJ).
5. Montgomery, D.C. (2005) Design and Analysis of Experiments, 6th edn, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., ...