Uncover surprises, risks, and potentially serious bugs with exploratory testing. Rather than designing all tests in advance, explorers design and execute small, rapid experiments, using what they learned from the last little experiment to inform the next. Learn essential skills of a master explorer, including how to analyze software to discover key points of vulnerability, how to design experiments on the fly, how to hone your observation skills, and how to focus your efforts.
Table of Contents
- Explore It!
- For the Best Reading Experience...
- Table of Contents
- Early Praise for Explore It!
- Part 1: Establishing Foundations
- Chapter 1: On Testing and Exploration
- Chapter 2: Charter Your Explorations
- Chapter 3: Observe the Details
- Chapter 4: Find Interesting Variations
- Chapter 5: Evaluate Results
- Part 2: Adding Dimensions
- Chapter 6: Vary Sequences and Interactions
- Chapter 7: Explore Entities and Their Relationships
- Chapter 8: Discover States and Transitions
- Chapter 9: Explore the Ecosystem
- Part 3: Putting It in Context
- Chapter 10: Explore When There Is No User Interface
- Chapter 11: Explore an Existing System
- Chapter 12: Explore Requirements
- Chapter 13: Integrate Exploration Throughout
- Appendix 1: Interviewing for Exploratory Testing Skills
- Appendix 2: Test Heuristics Cheat Sheet
- Title: Explore It!
- Release date: February 2013
- Publisher(s): Pragmatic Bookshelf
- ISBN: 9781937785024