- 2.1 INTRODUCTION
- 2.2 NONCOMMERCIAL NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- 2.3 EVIDENCE ON LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT IN THE NONPROFIT SECTOR
- 2.4 FACETS OF LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT
- 2.5 IMPORTANCE OF LIQUIDITY MANAGEMENT
- 2.6 WHAT IS THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL OF LIQUIDITY?
- 2.7 CONCLUSION
We need to set the financial context for nonprofit financial management and for the special importance of liquidity management in the nonprofit sector. In this chapter we make the case for liquidity – ability to pay bills, meet emergency shortfalls, fund growth, and maintain flexibility – as critical to your organization's financial health and financial sustainability. We lay out the ...