In this recipe, we'll see how a hypothetical temperature sensor sends data to IoT Core and how we'll be able to read the telemetry data from the linked Pub/Sub topic:
- Navigate to the Google Cloud Console's IoT Core module and click on Create device registry:
- Enter the details to create a device registry:
- Enter a Registry ID and select the Cloud region as us-central1.
- Leave both the protocols selected though we'll send messages via HTTP for this recipe.
- For the Default telemetry topic, click on Create a topic.
- Enter a new topic name and click on CREATE on the Create a topic pop-up screen:
- The Device state topic is optional. ...