Chapter 8. Developing tasty forms, views, and layouts
This chapter covers
- Rendering and processing forms
- Writing custom tag libraries
- Creating stunning layouts
- Adding visual effects and animation
- Exploring interactive Ajax tags and remoting
You’ve spent most of the book building the heart of Hubbub: processing incoming requests; interacting with the data model; calling business logic; and creating posts, users, and timelines. It’s been fun, but not visually satisfying. It’s time to leave the core functionality behind and work on the UI of your web application.
A great-looking UI has all sorts of subtle impacts on the user. People think that a visually pleasing application is more robust, performs better, and is more productive than ...