Chapter 15. Understanding events, messaging, and scheduling
This chapter covers
- Working with Platform Core’s lightweight messaging
- Working with JMS messaging
- Implementing queues and topics
- Scheduling jobs using Quartz and cron
- Using Quartz for advanced scheduling tasks
In chapter 14, you investigated how Spring integrates with Grails, including the trickier uses of transactions. In this chapter, we keep you in that enterprise headspace by looking at sending intraapplication messages. In particular, you examine how different components in an application can communicate internally while different events in the application’s lifecycle unfold. One of the most popular ways of doing that is via messaging queues, an architecture sometimes referred ...