Chapter 16. NoSQL and Grails
This chapter covers
- Why NoSQL is worth considering
- How GORM interacts with NoSQL stores
- Key/value stores with Redis
- Document-oriented data storage with MongoDB
- Graph databases with Neo4J
In chapter 15, you worked on events, messaging, and scheduling tasks. In this chapter we take you on a tour of all the popular Grails NoSQL solutions, and give you a good sense of what makes sense where. You also learn how your relational and NoSQL data can happily co-exist (remembering that NoSQLstands for Not Only SQL). By the end of this chapter, you’ll understand the brave and shiny new world of NoSQL solutions and know which ones are worth exploring in your next enterprise project.