Efficiently and effectively assess employees performance.
Are your employees meeting their goals? Is their work improving over time? Understanding where your employees are succeeding—and falling short—is a pivotal part of ensuring you have the right talent to meet organizational objectives.
In order to work with your people and effectively monitor their progress, you need a system in place. The HBR Guide to Performance Management provides a new multi-step, cyclical process to help you keep track of your employees' work, identify where they need to improve, and ensure they're growing with the organization.
You'll learn to:
- Set clear employee goals that align with company objectives
- Monitor progress and check in regularly
- Close performance gaps
- Understand when to use performance analytics
- Create opportunities for growth, tailored to the individual
- Overcome and avoid burnout on your team
Arm yourself with the advice you need to succeed on the job, with the most trusted brand in business. Packed with how-to essentials from leading experts, the HBR Guides provide smart answers to your most pressing work challenges.
Table of contents
- Series Page
- Title Page
- HBR Press Quantity Sales Discounts
- What You’ll Learn
- Introduction: Performance Management for a New Age of WorkWhat changes to the process mean for you as a manager.
- Section One: Goal Setting
- Section Two: Ongoing Performance Management
- Section Three: Developing Employees
- Section Four: Formal Performance Reviews
- Section Five: Tough Topics
- Title: HBR Guide to Performance Management (HBR Guide Series)
- Release date: June 2017
- Publisher(s): Harvard Business Review Press
- ISBN: 9781633692794
You might also like
HBR's 10 Must Reads on Managing People (with featured article “Leadership That Gets Results,” by Daniel Goleman)
Managing people is fraught with challenges—even if you're a seasoned manager. Here's how to handle them. …
HBR Guide to Project Management (HBR Guide Series)
MEET YOUR GOALS—ON TIME AND ON BUDGET. HBR Guide to Project Management
Managing Humans: Biting and Humorous Tales of a Software Engineering Manager, Third Edition
Read hilarious stories with serious lessons that Michael Lopp extracts from his varied and sometimes bizarre …
Performance Reviews (HBR 20-Minute Manager Series)
Conducting performance reviews can be stressful. But these conversations are critical to your employees’ development, allowing …