HISTORY AND EVOLUTION OF HEALTH CARE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• To be able to describe the history and evolution of health care information systems from the 1960s to the present.
• To be able to identify the major advances in information technology and significant federal initiatives that influenced the adoption of health care information systems.
• To be able to identify the major types of administrative and clinical information systems used in health care.
• To be able to discuss why information technology (IT) adoption rates are lower in health care compared with other industries.
• To be able to discuss the relationship between incentives and health care IT adoption and use.
After reading Chapters ...