SECURITY OF HEALTH CARE INFORMATION SYSTEMS
• To be able to understand the importance of establishing a health care organization-wide security program.
• To be able to identify significant threats—internal, external, intentional, and unintentional—to the security of health care information.
• To be able to outline the components of the HIPAA security regulations.
• To be able to give examples of administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards currently in use by health care organizations.
• To be able to discuss the impact and the risks of using wireless networks and allowing remote access to health information, and describe ways to minimize the risks.
By now it should be clear that ...