Win the war for talent by building an army of ready-to-deploy candidates
An employee leaves and you post the open position. Resumes trickle in. You interview a few candidates. No one fits the bill. The next thing you know, three months have passed and that desk is still empty . . .
Nothing drives business success like a staff of talented, productive employees. So why accept a hiring process that fails you time and time again?
Well, there’s one person who doesn’t: Scott Wintrip. And in High-Velocity Hiring, he provides the tools and systems for creating a hiring process designed for today’s fast-paced, talent-deficient landscape. Using the proven methods Wintrip has applied at some of today’s more forward-thinking companies, you’ll hire top employees faster—and smarter.
High-Velocity Hiring replaces the old, worn-out way of hiring with the simple but revolutionary approach of actively cultivating top talent before positions open. The old way is slow and inefficient. Wintrip’s way is dynamic and proven-effective. You’ll enrich and maintain a flow of high-quality candidates, harness this flow by identifying the most talented people, and channel it into a pool of ready-to-hire prospective employees.
More than ever, hiring the best people requires foresight, planning, alertness, and decisive action. With High-Velocity Hiring, you have everything you need to seize the high-ground in the war for talent and maintain it for long-term growth and profitability.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Introduction Why Hiring Is Broken
- Chapter 1 The Emperor Has No Talent: What Causes Long Time-to-Fill?
- Chapter 2 The Talent Accelerator Process: Apply the Principles of the On-Demand Economy to Fill Jobs in an Instant
- Chapter 3 Step #1—Create Hire-Right Profiles: Design Blueprints Detailing Who’s Right for a Job
- Chapter 4 Step #2—Improve Candidate Gravity: Generate a Continuous Flow of Quality Candidates
- Chapter 5 Step #3—Maximize Hiring Styles: Leverage Perception to Counter Hiring Blindness and Support Accurate Employee Selection
- Chapter 6 Step #4—Conduct Experiential Interviews: Employ Better Selection Methods to Improve Precision and Speed
- Chapter 7 Step #5—Maintain a Talent Inventory: Create a Pool of People Ready to Hire
- Chapter 8 Step #6—Keep the TAP Flowing: Ensure Hiring Can Always Be Done in an Instant
- Chapter 9 Lean Recruiting: Deploy Automation to Enhance the Efficiency of Your TAP
- Chapter 10 Engage Talent Scouts: Create Lasting Partnerships Between Organizations and Staffing Providers
- Chapter 11 Durable Diversity: Maintain a Dependable Workforce of Complementary People
- Conclusion A Rising Tide of Talent
- Appendix A Internet Links
- Appendix B Recommended Assets for Hire-Right Profiles
- Appendix C Resources for Finding Staffing Providers
- Appendix D Diversity and Inclusion Resources
- About the Author
- Title: High Velocity Hiring: How to Hire Top Talent in an Instant
- Release date: April 2017
- Publisher(s): McGraw-Hill
- ISBN: 9781259859489