Holistic Mobile Game Development with Unity: An All-In-One Guide to Implementing Mechanics, Art Design and Programming for iOS and Android Games
Master mobile game design and development in this all-in-one guide to creating iOS and Android games in the cutting-edge game engine, Unity. By using Penny de Byl’s holistic method, you will learn about the principles of art, design, and code and gain multidisciplinary skills needed to succeed in the independent mobile games industry. In addition, hands-on exercises will help you throughout the process from design to publication in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Over 70 practical step-by-step exercises recreating the game mechanics of contemporary mobile games, including Angry Birds, Temple Run, Year Walk, Minecraft, Curiosity Cube, Fruit Ninja, and more.
- Design principles, art, and programming in unison – the one-stop shop for indie developers requiring interdisciplinary skills in their small teams.
- An introduction to essential two- and three-dimensional mathematics, geometry and physics concepts.
- A portfolio of royalty free reusable game mechanics and assets.
- Accompanying website, www.holistic3d.com, features project source code, instructional videos, art assets, author blog, and teaching resources. Challenge questions and lesson plans are available online for an enhanced learning experience.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Mobile Game Design and Development
- Chapter 2: Procedural Literacy
- Chapter 3: Mobile Game Interfaces
- Chapter 4: Aesthetics and Visual Literacy
- Chapter 5: Learning from the Masters: Part One
- Chapter 6: Learning from the Masters: Part Two
- Chapter 7: Multiplayer Experiences
- Chapter 8: Publishing, Players, and Promotion
- Title: Holistic Mobile Game Development with Unity
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): Routledge
- ISBN: 9781135038946
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Deep Learning from Scratch
With the resurgence of neural networks in the 2010s, deep learning has become essential for machine …