DON'T LET PROBLEM PEOPLE GET TO YOU!
Whether it's a manager who keeps moving the goal posts, an uncooperative colleague, negative friend, or critical family member, some people are just plain hard to get along with.
Often, your immediate response is to shrink or sulk, become defensive or attack. But there are smarter moves to make when dealing with difficult people. This book explains how to cope with a range of situations with difficult people and to focus on what you can change.
This book will help you to:
Understand what makes difficult people tick and how best to handle them
Learn ways to confidently stand up to others and resist the urge to attack back
Develop strategies to calmly navigate emotionally-charged situations
Deal with all kinds of difficult people - hostile, manipulative and the impossible
Know when to choose your battles, and when to walk away
Why let someone else's bad attitude ruin your day? How to Deal With Difficult People arms you with all the tools and tactics you need to handle all kinds of people - to make your life less stressful and a great deal easier.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Part One: Dealing With Difficult People
- Chapter 1: Difficult People and Their Difficult Behaviour
Chapter 2: Is It You?
- Resigned, accepting responses
- Indirectly confrontational, hostile responses
- Direct, confrontational, hostile responses
- Blaming other people
- Is it you?
- Expectations, values and rights
- Positive expectations
- Begin again: Change how you respond to other people
- Your personal rights
- The role of self-esteem and confidence
- Building courage and confidence
- Chapter 3: Communicating With Difficult People
- Chapter 4: Standing Up to Difficult People
- Part Two: Putting It Into Practice
- Chapter 5: Dealing With Direct Hostility
- Chapter 6: Dealing With Indirect Hostility
- Chapter 7: Dealing With Passive People
- Part Three When All Else Fails
- Chapter 8: Dealing With Impossible People
- About the Author
- End User License Agreement
- Title: How To Deal With Difficult People: Smart Tactics for Overcoming the Problem People in Your Life
- Release date: January 2015
- Publisher(s): Capstone
- ISBN: 9780857085672