7 My Sites and Personalization
• Create a My Site
• Use your My Site to share information
• Add a personal blog to your My Site
• Make changes to your SharePoint profile
• Personalize SharePoint pages
• Work with personalization sites
In Chapter 1, you learned that Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer recently described SharePoint as “a general-purpose platform for connecting people with information.” This chapter focuses on the “connecting people” part of that statement by exploring SharePoint My Sites, your personal profile and personalization sites. It’s important to remember that My Sites are a SharePoint Server 2010 feature, so you won’t get all of the options described in this chapter if you are using the free version—SharePoint Foundation ...