• Use Microsoft Office Backstage
• Use the Connect to Office option
• Work with SharePoint through Microsoft Outlook
• Take SharePoint offline using SharePoint Workspace
• Create forms with Microsoft InfoPath
• Customize SharePoint with SharePoint Designer
• Use third-party clients with SharePoint
The goal of this chapter is to introduce you to some of the rich clients that you can use with SharePoint. There are many reasons why people choose to use these applications. For example, some software makes certain tasks easier, and some client programs enable use cases that simply aren’t available through the SharePoint web-based user interface.
The new Microsoft Office ...