When we apply for a job, we are essentially trying to sell ourselves. If we understand the process of marketing, we can make that sale a lot easier. This requires a plan that includes a deep understanding of our target audiences, an understanding of our strengths and weaknesses, an understanding of the benefits we can offer, and a knowledge of the 4 Ps, product, place, price and promotion.
Add to this, an ability to differentiate and position ourselves in the crowded marketplace and to use promotional tactics to rise to the top of the applicant pool, we can get the job of our dreams. When we master these skills, we make the chore of getting a great job, the job we want, more a certainty than a hopeful wish.
This book will show you how to network better, how to create an effective email pitch, write a powerful resume and cover letter, and how to persuade recruiters that you offer the most value to satisfy their needs. This book will make you a pro at marketing yourself!
Table of contents
- Half-Title Page
- Title Page
- Chapter 1 What Is Marketing?
- Chapter 2 The “4 P’s”
- Chapter 3 A Great Product—the First “P”
- Chapter 4 You Need a Plan
- Chapter 5 You Must Attract Attention
- Chapter 6 It’s Time to Act
- Chapter 7 Promotional Materials
- Chapter 8 Getting Yourself Better Known
- Chapter 9 The Many Ways of Finding Job Opportunities
- Chapter 10 Job Search Marketing Stories From the Trenches
- Chapter 11 The Sales Pitch
- Chapter 12 The Follow Up
- Chapter 13 How Do Buyers Make Decisions?
- Chapter 14 Always Use a Marketing Approach
- About the Author
- Title: How to Use Marketing Techniques to Get a Great Job
- Release date: September 2021
- Publisher(s): Business Expert Press
- ISBN: 9781637421420
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Analytical Skills for AI and Data Science
While several market-leading companies have successfully transformed their business models by following data- and AI-driven paths, …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …