This book is a result of more than 15 years' experience in indoor radio planning, working for a mobile operator as an RF-planner and as technical director for one of the leading suppliers of DAS equipment. The subjects, examples and approaches in this book are based on practical experience and indoor implementations I have been responsible for and directly involved in.
My interest is the RF part of these radio systems and not all the deep background core network or protocols. There are no direct transcripts or copies from other books, but I have to recommend some of the daily reference material I use myself. These are the books that helped me understand the basics, and that I use as my reference.
1. Michel Mouly and Marie-Bernadette Pautet. The GSM System for Mobile Communications. Published by the authors (ISBN 2-9507190-0-7).
2. P. E. Clint Smith and Curt Gervelis. Cellular System Design & Optimization. McGraw-Hill: New York.
3. Harri Holma and Antti Toskala (eds). WCDMA for UMTS, Radio Access for Third Generation Mobile Communications. Wiley: Chichester.
4. Jaana Laiho, Achim Wacker and Tomáš Novosad (eds). Radio Network Planning and Optimisation for UMTS, 2nd edn. Wiley: Chichester.
5. Harri Holma and Antti Toskala (eds). HSDPA/HSUPA for UMTS, High Speed Radio Access for Mobile Communications. Wiley: Chichester.
6. S. R. Saunders and A. Aragon-Zavala. Antennas and Propagation for Wireless Communication Systems, 2nd edn. Wiley: Chichester.
7. S. Sesia, I. Toufik ...