A revision of the #1 text in the Human Computer Interaction field, Interaction Design, the third edition is an ideal resource for learning the interdisciplinary skills needed for interaction design, human-computer interaction, information design, web design and ubiquitous computing.
The authors are acknowledged leaders and educators in their field, with a strong global reputation. They bring depth of scope to the subject in this new edition, encompassing the latest technologies and devices including social networking, Web 2.0 and mobile devices. The third edition also adds, develops and updates cases, examples and questions to bring the book in line with the latest in Human Computer Interaction.
Interaction Design offers a cross-disciplinary, practical and process-oriented approach to Human Computer Interaction, showing not just what principles ought to apply to Interaction Design, but crucially how they can be applied. The book focuses on how to design interactive products that enhance and extend the way people communicate, interact and work. Motivating examples are included to illustrate both technical, but also social and ethical issues, making the book approachable and adaptable for both Computer Science and non-Computer Science users. Interviews with key HCI luminaries are included and provide an insight into current and future trends.
The book has an accompanying website
www.id-book.com which has been updated to include resources to match the new edition.
"The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files."
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- What's Inside
- About the Authors
- Chapter 1: WHAT IS INTERACTION DESIGN?
- Chapter 2: UNDERSTANDING AND CONCEPTUALIZING INTERACTION
- Chapter 3: COGNITIVE ASPECTS
- Chapter 4: SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Chapter 5: EMOTIONAL INTERACTION
- Chapter 6: INTERFACES
- Chapter 7: DATA GATHERING
- Chapter 8: DATA ANALYSIS, INTERPRETATION, AND PRESENTATION
- Chapter 9: THE PROCESS OF INTERACTION DESIGN
- Chapter 10: ESTABLISHING REQUIREMENTS
- Chapter 11: DESIGN, PROTOTYPING, AND CONSTRUCTION
- Chapter 12: INTRODUCING EVALUATION
- Chapter 13: AN EVALUATION FRAMEWORK
- Chapter 14: EVALUATION STUDIES: FROM CONTROLLED TO NATURAL SETTINGS
- Chapter 15: EVALUATION: INSPECTIONS, ANALYTICS, AND MODELS
- Title: INTERACTION DESIGN: beyond human-computer interaction, 3rd Edition
- Release date: June 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470665763
You might also like
Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd Edition
The classic text, by Sharp, Preece and Rogers is back in a fantastic new Interaction Design …
Interaction Design, 5th Edition
A new edition of the #1 text in the human computer Interaction field! Hugely popular with …
Research Methods in Human-Computer Interaction, 2nd Edition
Research Methods in Human-Computer Interaction is a comprehensive guide to performing research and is essential reading …
Practical UI Patterns for Design Systems: Fast-Track Interaction Design for a Seamless User Experience
Understanding UI patterns is invaluable to anyone creating websites for the first time. It helps you …