- Powder metallurgy (P/M) uses metal powders to manufacture a product. The P/M products have desired characteristics which are otherwise difficult to obtain.
- Atomization, electrolytic deposition and reduction methods are used to produce metal powders.
- Atomization is the most widely used method. Electrolytic deposition method produces metal powders of high quality.
- In compaction, metal powders are pressed by hydraulic or mechanical presses to obtain the required density. The pressed powder is called green compact.
- Cold isostatic compaction is performed at room temperature, whereas hot isostatic compaction at elevated temperatures.
- Injection moulding is an important compaction method used to produce thinner intricate ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.