Choosing the best directory synchronization scenario for cloud identities
To integrate or extend the local Active Directory to the cloud, we need a rich set of capabilities to address all the different requirements of our customers. In the following figure, we see the three most common synchronization and two extension scenarios we can use.
- Synchronization scenarios:
- Directory and password synchronization
- Federation and directory synchronization
- Federation, directory, and password synchronization
- Extension scenarios:
- Stretching your local Active Directory to Azure IaaS
- Using Azure Active Directory Domain Services to bring legacy authentication LOBs to the cloud
With the creation of a new Azure Active Directory tenant, directory ...