Scapy provides us with many commands to investigate a network. We can use scapy in two ways: interactively within a terminal window or programmatically from a Python script by importing it as a library.
These are the commands that may be useful to show in detail the operation of scapy:
- ls(): Displays all the protocols supported by scapy
- lsc(): Displays the list of commands and functions supported by scapy
- conf: Displays all configuration options
- help(): Displays help on a specific command, for example, help(sniff)
- show(): Displays the details of a specific packet, for example, Newpacket.show()
Scapy supports about 300 network protocols. We can have an idea with the ls() command:
The screenshot shows an execution ...