There is an African proverb that goes, “If you want to fast, go alone; but if you want to go far, go together.” Writing a book is never a “go alone” journey. There are numerous people who we call our One Word Dream Team. We are so thankful for friends, family, and partners who have helped us live the One Word dream. Although we can’t thank everyone, we would like to recognize the following people:
- The John Wiley & Sons, Inc., team. You believed in this project and inspired us to run with it. Special thanks to Matt Holt, Shannon Vargo, Elana Schulman, and Lauren Freestone. You are the best.
- Ramona “Touchdown” Tucker, who is one of a kind—always helping and serving in amazing ways. You are gifted!
- Dan Webster, who helped us simplify our One Word process. You are a living example of authentic leadership.
- Our Heavenly Father, who not only gives us our One Words each year but also abundant life through the gift of Jesus. We are three men who are simply saved by grace and for that we are eternally grateful.
- Dan would like to thank his wife, Dawn, and children, Kallie, Abby, and Eli, for believing and loving at all times. Special thanks to Steve Fitzhugh for the challenge to discover his first One Word on the drive to Ocean City in 1999.
- Jimmy would like to thank his wife, Ivelisse, and their four amazing kids, Jimmy, Jacob, Johnny, and Gracie, for their constant encouragement, laughter, and love. You’ve made him the richest man on Earth.
- Jon would like to thank his wife, ...