World-renowned speaker and executive Lawler Kang will show how to build a career one can be madly passionate about and create, actualize, and monetize a niche only you can dominate! Kang draws on the profound human stories of those who have followed their passions to achieve great things and live on their own terms. He then presents a unique Process of the Five PsTM: a start-to-finish blueprint for realizing your dreams, one step at a time. Learn how to discover passions, proficiencies, and priorities. Redefine success. Create realistic plans, complete with milestones and investments.
Table of Contents
- Advance Praise for Passion at Work
- About the Authors
- 1. Why Do You Work So Hard?
- 2. We Aren’t Cats
- 3. What Is the End Game?
- 4. The Magic Bullet
- 5. A Process Overview
6. The First P: Passion
- What Do You Want Your Tombstone to Say?
- The Patterns of Your Experiences
- The Kid Factor
- Making a Stand
- How Do I Know?
7. The Second P: Proficiencies
- What Can the Whole and Impassioned You Be the Best At?
- What I Am Innately Great at Doing?
- What Do I Absolutely Love to Do?
- Warning! Seller Beware!
- What Are My Values?
- What Life Experiences Do I Want to Leverage and Fulfill?
- Financial Accounting 101
- The Most Valuable Part of Any Balance Sheet
- Data Collection
- Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall...
- How Proficient Are Your Proficiencies?
8. The Third P: Priorities
- A Slightly Different Perspective
- 1. (Again) Life Is Not a Balancing Act
- 2. You Determine the Terms of Your Priorities
- 3. You Can Have “It” All if You Give “It” Your All
- So Pass the Days of Our Lives
- The Prioritization Matrix
- A Metaphored Matrix
- Working the Prioritization Matrix
- Matrix This!
- What Version Are You On?
- A Blatant Secret
- Let’s Make a Deal!
- Your Niche
- Time to Define
- 9. The Fourth P: Plan
10. The Fifth P: Prove
- How Do You Fund Your Plan?
- Professional Fundraising 101
- “All I Want Are the Facts, Ma’am”
- Keeping It in the Family
11. How Do I Prepare Myself for This Change?
- Any Journey
- The Journey of Life
- Your Competitive Advantage
- Canyon 1: Baggage
- Canyon 2: Finances
- Canyon 3: Commitment
- The 1 or 0 Wake-Up Call
- Always Finish What You Start (Beware of Mr. Dreamy!)
- Mr. Dreamy on Paper
- 12. Looking for Your Life’s Work
- References and Credits
- Title: Passion at Work: How to Find Work You Love and Live the Time of Your Life
- Release date: October 2005
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 9780131854284