Creating a NAT port forward rule
This recipe describes how to create, edit, and delete port forward rules.
The complexity of port forward rules can vary greatly. Every aspect of a port forward rule is detailed in the following There's More section so for the sake of simplicity. The following is an example of a typical port forward scenario. We will create a port forward rule to forward any incoming web requests (HTTP) to a computer we've configured as a web server.
How to do it...
- Browse to Firewall | NAT.
- Select the Port Forward tab.
- Click the "plus" button to create a new NAT port forward rule.
- For Destination port range, choose HTTP for the from and to drop-down boxes.
- For Redirect target IP specify the web server this traffic will be ...