Creating a firewall rule
This recipe describes how to create a firewall rule.
As an example, we will create a firewall rule to allow the web traffic forwarded in by the NAT port forward rule we created in the previous recipe. If you've been following along, you'll know that the previous recipe automatically created the firewall rule we need, but instead we could have specified None for Filter Rule Association and used this recipe to create the rule ourselves.
How to do it...
- Browse to Firewall | Rules.
- Select the WAN tab.
- Click the "plus" button to create a new firewall rule.
- Specify the WAN Interface.
- Specify the TCP Protocol.
- Specify any as the Source.
- Specify any as the Source Port Range.
- Specify Webserver1 as our Destination.
- Specify HTTP ...