Create amazing mobile augmented reality apps with junaio, Layar, and Wikitude!
Professional Augmented Reality Browsers for Smartphones guides you through creating your own augmented reality apps for the iPhone, Android, Symbian, and bada platforms, featuring fully workable and downloadable source code. You will learn important techniques through hands-on applications, and you will build on those skills as the book progresses.
Professional Augmented Reality Browsers for Smartphones:
Describes how to use the latitude/longitude coordinate system to build location-aware solutions and tells where to get POIs for your own augmented reality applications
Details the leading augmented reality platforms and highlights the best applications
Covers development for the leading augmented reality browser platforms: Wikitude, Layar, and junaio
Shows how to build cross-platform location-aware content (Android, iPhone, Symbian, and bada) to display POIs directly in camera view
Includes tutorials for building 2D and 3D content, storing content in databases, and triggering actions when users reach specific locations
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Table of contents
Part I: Introduction
- Chapter 1: Introducing Augmented Reality (AR)
- Chapter 2: Natural-Feature Tracking and Visual Search
- Chapter 3: Introduction to AR Browsers
- Chapter 4: Latitude, Longitude, and Where to get POIs
- Part II: Wikitude
Part III: Layar
- Chapter 7: Building Layar Layers
- Chapter 8: Creating Filters and 2D Objects
- Chapter 9: Using Layar Tools
Part IV: junaio
- Chapter 10: Creating junaio Channels
- Chapter 11: Natural-feature Tracking and Visual Search with junaio
Part V: The Next Steps
- Chapter 12: Adding Advanced Functionality
- Chapter 13: Taking Your Application to Market
- Chapter 14: The Future of AR
- Appendix A: Wikitude Support and ARML Parameters
- Appendix B: Layar Support and Parameters
- Appendix C: junaio Support and Parameters
- Title: Professional Augmented Reality Browsers for Smartphones: Programming for junaio, Layar, and Wikitude
- Release date: August 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119992813
You might also like
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Kafka: The Definitive Guide, 2nd Edition
Every enterprise application creates data, whether it consists of log messages, metrics, user activity, outgoing messages, …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …