Covers Windows Phone 7.5
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to develop mobile applications for Windows Phone 7! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll learn the fundamentals of Windows Phone 7 app development, how to leverage Silverlight or the XNA Framework, and how to get your apps into the Windows Marketplace. One step at a time, you’ll master new features ranging from the new sensors to using launchers and choosers. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, helping you get the job done fast—and get it done right!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Windows Phone 7 app development tasks.
Quizzes and exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to...
Choose an application framework
Use the sensors
Develop touch-friendly apps
Utilize push notifications
Consume web data services
Integrate with Windows Phone hubs
Use the Bing Map control
Get better performance out of your apps
Work with data
Localize your apps
Use launchers and choosers
Market and sell your apps
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- We Want to Hear from You
- Reader Services
- Part I. Fundamentals
Part II: Developing Applications with Silverlight
- Hour 7. Working with the GPS and the Bing Map Control
- Hour 8. Developing Finger-Friendly Applications
- Hour 9. Consuming Web Data Services
- Hour 10. Working with REST, Syndication Feeds, and OData
- Hour 11. Integrating with Windows Phone Hubs
- Hour 12. Integrating with Microsoft Services
- Hour 13. Performance and Debugging
- Hour 14. Understanding Push Notification Services
- Hour 15. Understanding Live Tiles and Toast Notifications
- Hour 16. Working with Data
- Part III: Developing Games with the XNA Framework
- Part IV: Diving Deeper
- Title: Sams Teach Yourself Windows® Phone 7 Application Development in 24 Hours
- Release date: April 2012
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780132678827
You might also like
The future of banking is already here — are you ready? Bank 4.0 explores the radical …
Network Security, Firewalls, and VPNs
PART OF THE NEW JONES & BARTLETT LEARNING INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY & ASSURANCE SERIES! Network Security, …
Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures - Third Edition
The work breakdown structure (WBS) is an essential component of the planning process of all project …
Bring Your Own Device - The mobile computing challenge
The increasing use of personal devices such as smartphones and tablets in the workplace at work …