Find the Leading Edge in a Disrupted World.
Planning our response to disruption seems impossible. Most new and emerging technologies have been in development for decades, but as soon as they land on our doorstep, they inspire “the shock of the new.” How do you, as a learning professional, prepare for what you don’t know is coming? How do you judge what is important and what is just a fad?
In Shock of the New: The Challenge and Promise of Emerging Learning Technologies, Chad Udell and Gary Woodill create a new framework for anticipating emerging learning technologies, outlining six key perspectives you should consider with any new technology. They examine some of the day’s most commonly discussed emerging technologies and pose the questions that will point the way to your own strategy. These insights aren’t limited to specific applications; they give you an approach you can apply to any new tech coming your way, so you’re always braced for the shock of the new.
Udell and Woodill optimistically point out that emerging technologies will help us make sense of our increasingly complex world; many more changes will occur over the next decade, so buckle up! What was once science fiction has just become real—and now is your opportunity to be on the leading edge.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Foreword by Brandon Hall
- 1. The Digital Transformation of Enterprise Learning
- 2. Business Needs for Learning Technologies
- 3. User Experiences of Learning Technologies
- 4. The Wider Impacts of Learning Technologies
- 5. Learning With Emerging Technologies
- 6. Dependencies of Emerging Learning Technologies
- 7. Signals of the Future
- 8. Crafting Strategies for Emerging Learning Technologies
- Appendix A: BUILDS Evaluation Rubric
- Appendix B: Applying the BUILDS Framework
- Additional Resources
- About the Authors
- Title: Shock of the New: The Challenge and Promise of Emerging Technologies
- Release date: April 2019
- Publisher(s): Association for Talent Development
- ISBN: 9781947308800
You might also like
Beginning Azure Synapse Analytics: Transition from Data Warehouse to Data Lakehouse
Get started with Azure Synapse Analytics, Microsoft's modern data analytics platform. This book covers core components …
10 Steps to Successful Facilitation
Facilitate Groups That Deliver Results Every professional businessperson needs a complete portfolio of skills, yet one …
Python Data Science Handbook, 2nd Edition
Python is a first-class tool for many researchers, primarily because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, …
Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (Video), 2nd Edition
5 Hours of Video Instruction Includes coverage of the November 2020 exam updates! Prepare for Microsoft …