Appendix A. Running a cloud on your desktop
This appendix covers
- Listing the software needed to run the code in this book
- Downloading the source code from GitHub for each chapter
- Compiling and packaging the source code using Maven
- Building and provisioning the Docker images used in each chapter
- Launching the Docker images compiled by the build using Docker Compose
I had two goals when laying out the code examples in this book and choosing the runtime technologies needed to deploy the code. The first goal was make sure that the code examples were consumable and easy to set up. Remember, a microservices application has multiple moving parts, and setting up these parts to run cleanly with minimal effort for the reader can be difficult if there ...
Get Spring Microservices in Action now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.