By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
• Calm down an extremely nervous candidate.
• Control an excessively talkative candidate.
• Restrain an overly aggressive or domineering candidate.
• Relax a highly emotional or distraught candidate.
• Extract information from an evasive candidate.
Most applicants and employees are eager to make a good impression. They try to answer all questions as fully as possible, project positive body language, and ask appropriate questions. Occasionally, however, you will find yourself face-to-face with a less-than-ideal or difficult ...