Book descriptionKnowledge Café is a process for sharing information, whether face to face or virtual. This popular and practical knowledge management tool supports a culture where projects and innovation thrive.
The Knowledge Café is a mindset and environment for engaging, discussing, and exchanging knowledge within a group either face to face or virtually. At the café, participants can discuss hard-to-solve project issues or resolve a family or community crisis. This metaphorical town square supports knowledge circulation and rejuvenation and increases its velocity—making it a breeding ground for innovation. The aha moments at one Knowledge Café can match the benefits of multiple conferences, workshops, and training put together.
When knowledge management (KM) is part of an organization's culture, performance improves, collaboration increases, and the competitive advantage accelerates. No one can force knowledge transfer. We must create the right environment where knowledge is freely shared, rewarded, and fun. This book demonstrates why the Knowledge Café is such an effective KM tool and shows how to design optimal café experiences and increase learning agility.
The premium on knowledge and agility has never been greater. This book offers a technique for managing knowledge toward the greater good. Tips; templates; practical and relatable experiences; case studies; and examples of knowledge brokers, creators, and sharers across cultures are sprinkled throughout the book to show how the café interfaces with other KM techniques and in different work and project spaces.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1. Knowledge Curiosity
- 2. What Is a Knowledge Café?
- 3. Caffeinated Knowledge: What Is Knowledge Management?
- 4. Designing Effective Knowledge Cafés
- 5. Knowledge Workers at the Café Revolution
- 6. Knowledge Culture and the Café
- 7. Knowledge Café Environment: Trends, Future, and Disruptive Technologies
- 8. Knowledge Café Environment for Dealing with Tough Conversations
- 9. KM Roadmap, Value, and Knowledge Stewardship
- 10. Café Interfaces with Other KM Methods and Techniques
- 11. Knowledge Leadership Café
- 12. Knowledge Advantage and Why You Should Share Your Knowledge
- About the Author
- Title: The Knowledge Café
- Release date: July 2021
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781523089536
You might also like
Don't engineer by coincidence-design it like you mean it! Filled with practical techniques, Design It! is …
Programming Rust, 2nd Edition
The Rust programming language offers the rare and valuable combination of statically verified memory safety and …
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Go is rapidly becoming the preferred language for building web services. There are plenty of tutorials …