The New Solution Selling was developed in response to today’s highly competitive global economy and draws on years of research and selling experiences. The principles covered in this chapter are the foundation of Solution Selling. After reading this chapter, please begin to apply the principles immediately. You don’t have to wait to finish the entire book before you start.
A partial list of Solution Selling’s underlying principles include:
• No pain, no change.
• Pain flows throughout the entire organization.
• Diagnose before you prescribe.
• There are three levels of buyer need.
• There are two types of opportunities—Looking and Not Looking.
• Get there first, set the requirements, and make ...