Book DescriptionThe Power of Appreciative Inquiry describes the internationally embraced approach to organizational change that dramatically improves performance by engaging people to study, discuss, and build upon what's working – strengths – rather than trying to fix what's not. Diana Whitney and Amanda Trosten-Bloom, pioneers in the development and practice of Appreciative Inquiry (AI), provide a menu of eight results-oriented applications, along with case examples from a wide range of organizations to illustrate Appreciative Inquiry in action. A how-to book, this is the most authoritative and accessible guide to the newest ideas and practices in the field of Appreciative Inquiry since its inception in 1985.
The second edition includes new examples, tools, and tips for using AI to create an enduring capacity for positive change, along with a totally new chapter on award-winning community applications of Appreciative Inquiry.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Tables, Figures, Exhibits
- Chapter 1 What Is Appreciative Inquiry?
- Chapter 2 A Menu of Approaches to Appreciative Inquiry
- Chapter 3 Eight Principles of Appreciative Inquiry
- Chapter 4 Appreciative Inquiry in Action:
- Chapter 5 Getting Started with Appreciative Inquir
- Chapter 6 Affirmative Topic Choice
- Chapter 7 Discovery: Appreciative Interviews and More1
- Chapter 8 Dream: Visions and Voices of the Future
- Chapter 9 Design: Giving Form to Values and Ideals
- Chapter 10 Destiny: Inspired Action and Improvisation
- Chapter 11 Appreciative Inquiry: A Process for
- Chapter 12 Why Appreciative Inquiry Works
- About the Authors
- Title: The Power of Appreciative Inquiry, 2nd Edition
- Release date: March 2010
- Publisher(s): Berrett-Koehler Publishers
- ISBN: 9781605093291