Have you ever felt stuck with methods, tools and skills that do not match the increasing complexity you are part of? Would you like to work in new ways that strengthen thinking, communication and collaboration?
Visual Collaboration introduces a new and innovative way of working and collaborating that will help you successfully manage complexity for yourself, your team, and your entire organization.
The method of this book unlocks any team's ability to collaborate in complex projects and processes. By using a systematic and proven approach to drawing and visualizing.
Visual Collaboration is a unique visual business book that will enable you to develop visual languages to fit any scenario, create engaging and powerful questions to assist your visual process design and turn a white canvas into a visual template that can improve any meeting, project, or process.
The core of the book - a practical and easy-to-follow method - THE FIVE BUILDING BLOCKS will most likely become your preferred way of working. The method is supported by plentiful examples, 4-color drawing, chapter summaries, and clearly defined learning objectives. Enjoyable and powerful, this book will help you:
- Use visualization as a tool to explore opportunities and challenges
- Translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand actions
- Engage employees and team members with effective strategic processes
- Incorporate drawing into your strategic organizational toolbox to strengthen communication and collaboration
- Develop and apply powerful visual literacy skills
The authors, internationally-recognized experts in strategy communication and visual facilitation, have helped incorporate visual collaboration into more than 500 organizations such as LEGO, IKEA, the Red Cross, the United Nations, and many others. This book is the must-have resource for you to follow their example.
Table of contents
- The five colored chapters present the Five Building Blocks of Visual Collaboration™—a practical method for working visually. The remaining chapters offer different perspectives on visual collaboration.
- Why draw?
- Who can draw and where?
- Why draw together?
- Vocabulary for Visual Collaboration
- Visual collaboration is also when ...
- Boost your visual literacy
- From basic shapes to icons
- From icons to templates
- The Five Building Blocks of Visual Collaboration™
- How to use the building blocks
- Using the building blocks for a strategy process
- 1. Discover your visual language
- 2. Design your collaboration process
- 3. Define key questions
- 4. Create engaging templates
- 5. Prepare to scale
- 6. Enable Group Learning
- 7. Map your skills
- 8. Activate your resources
- 9. Do's and dont's
- End User License Agreement
- Title: Visual Collaboration
- Release date: November 2019
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781119611042
You might also like
Introducing Python, 2nd Edition
Easy to understand and fun to read, this updated edition of Introducing Python is ideal for …
Laws of UX
An understanding of psychology—specifically the psychology behind how users behave and interact with digital interfaces—is perhaps …
Product Design vs. Design Thinking
Product design tends to jump between business thinking and creative thinking, but design thinking blends them …
Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition
This is the second edition of the best selling Python book in the world. Python Crash …