10. Risk Management Prescription
Most of what still remains to be described is detail. The preceding chapters have put enough of the basic concepts on the table so that we can now lay out a general prescription for what it means to do risk management.
What It Means to Do Risk Management
Risk management is essentially the performance—integrated into the project—of the following nine steps:
1. Use a risk-discovery process (details in Chapter 14) to compile a census of the risks facing your project.
2. Make sure all of the core risks of software projects (details in Chapter 13) are represented in your census.
3. Do all of the following homework on a per-risk basis:
• Give the risk a name and unique number.
• Brainstorm to find a transition indicator—the ...